Monday, November 8, 2010

Day Eight

Day Eight
I'm grateful for Seasons.
I absolutely love Fall, Autumn, 
whatever you want to call it.
All the leaves blowing everywhere.
Who doesn't LOVE running through crunchy leaves?
If I had to pick a favorite season, this one would be it.
(mainly because there are NO mosquitoes :)



This morning we woke up to rain.
Then, it turned to that icky white stuff.
But I'm not complaining QUITE as much,
it is November after all!
Which means Christmas is next month!
Wahoo! In my seasons, I also include the
"Holiday Season".  The world just seems
to become a happier place with the spirit of giving.
However, I was talking with a friend the other day
and she brought up a really good point.
We are kind-of losing that "giving" spirit.
For example, you can see it in the stores.
They skip from the Halloween Holiday right
to the Christmas Holiday.
Halloween: a holiday all about "I WANT CANDY!"
to Christmas which has become "I WANT PRESENTS!"
I think it's important to remember what
the holidays are truly are about.
And can I just say, the holiday breaks
can't come fast enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment