Sunday, November 6, 2011

Gratitude 6

Today I am grateful for those make-you-feel-good movies.  You know what I mean right?  They can be sad, happy, funny...basically anything, but in the end they will leave you with that "good feeling".  
The one that was watched today was:

Pinned Image

If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend that you do.  It was a great thing to do on this lazy Sunday afternoon.  Church today was just spectacular.  It has just kinda been one of those "feel good" days too...maybe it has to do with the fact that I am not doing one bit of homework haha.  There were just a ton of things that people said today that totally lifted my spirit, and I knew that they were things I needed to hear.  Some of the things said include: having faith in hard times and through trials, reading the Book of Mormon, staying close and/or learning to recognize the Spirit.  I know how important it is to have faith that even though times may be tough, they will eventually get better.  Why on earth would we put ourselves through such testing trials if they didn't get us anywhere?  We might as well just quit now, and save ourselves the tears and heartache.  But trials make us stronger.  Through the tough times we discover who we truly are and grow closer to those that we love.  Testimony meeting today was basically all about the importance of reading the Book of Mormon (BOM).  I know that it is one of the greatest books there is.  It is the BEST "make you feel good" book.  There are a ton of conference talks and articles about it, but this is one that applies really well to today: http://lds.org/liahona/2011/10/if-you-really-want-to-know-you-will-know?lang=eng&query=power+book+mormon In this book I have received answers to many prayers, drawn closer to the Spirit, found strength in trials, and strength to resist temptation.  Many times I have been challenged to read from it daily.  I have done this, but not as I would like to.  I make sure to read from it...even if it is one verse, but I want to make sure that I set aside time each day to read from it, and not leave it til the end of the day.  If I am not tired, and have the time, I know that I will be able to draw closer to the Spirit and learn so much more.  Finally we had a lesson on learning to recognize the Spirit.  I like to think of the Holy Ghost as my conscience.  Sometimes it is difficult to distinguish between my thoughts, and those feelings I get from the Spirit because sometimes I don't want what Heavenly Father wants, but I know that He knows what is best for me and I need to learn to accept what the Spirit tells me, even when I don't agree at that exact moment.  I hope everyone had as great of as Sunday as I did.  Now off to a CES broadcast tonight!  President Packer is speaking, and I absolutely can't wait! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment