Thursday, November 10, 2011

Gratitude 10

I'm grateful for compliments.

Pinned Image

Dear Cashier at the bookstore,
Thank you for complimenting on my
headband this morning.  If only you knew how thankful
I am for your kind comment.  Uber-stressed about
my language sample project I've been working on
for a solid MONTH and due in an hour from now,
your comment just helped me to smile and
forget the stress for a little bit.  So THANK YOU!
A truly grateful student, Mara

If you haven't complimented someone today,
go for it!  You never know how it might impact
someone.  Even if you make them smile it will be worth it.
I watched Patch Adams last night, and was reminded
of the importance of making someone smile or laugh:

"Remember laughing?  Laughter enhances the blood flow to the body's extremities and improves cardiovascular function.  Laughter releases endorphins and other natural mood elevating and pain-killing chemicals, improves the transfer of oxygen and nutrients to internal organs.  Laughter boosts the immune system and helps the body fight of disease, cancer cells as well as viral bacterial and other infections.  Being happy is the best cure of all diseases! - Patch Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment