Monday, October 24, 2011

Green Canyon Adventure

"Today is the last warm day"...or so I heard.
So, if that is true, I won't have regrets of not 
taking advantage of the sun!

This last weekend was Fall Break.
I left Wednesday of last week, and sometime between
then and now, A TON of leaves fell off!
Fall: you came and went too quickly!

But it made for a BEAUTIFUL walk.
It wasn't really a hike, because it was mostly flat.
And come to find out, I could have driven the entire thing,
but pretending to hike is so much funner...yes Danielle I said
FUNNER!!! Muahaha! ;)

When I took a break to get a drink,
I also just stood with my face toward the sun.
It's just one of those 'make you FEEL GOOD' things you can do.

As I was walking up the path, a rocky ridge came into view.
I had no idea it was up there.

I don't know if there is a trail up to it, but either way
I want to go up there next year.
Except I'll drive up to this point, and hike from there haha.

I'm really not excited for the temperatures to drop.
There's suppose to be a 20 degree difference between
today and yesterday....pleh.
Just as long as it doesn't snow, I'll be happy.
It needs to hold off at least until the pretty colors
turn all brown and nasty.  But thank goodness I got to
get out and enjoy them today!
I'm so thankful for this beautiful land, and the happiness
I can draw from it.  There's nothing quite like taking a hike
and getting some fresh air once in a while.

Pinned Image

No comments:

Post a Comment