Saturday, February 27, 2010

My Birthday!

So the Balloon Cocoon was great,
but the amazingness had already
started and continued long after that.
Thursday night, at midnight, they "surprised"
me with a cake. It was an ice cream cake!
How awesome is that!?
We were all exhausted so that
we went to bed pretty quick.
The next morning I got up and
when I opened my door in came the balloons!
Nicole took a pic of the cocoon
from the outside...(see below).

So, I got up and went to class even though
I really, really didn't want to.
When I got back, Kali & Nicole
were putting up streamers in my room.
It was kinda funny to catch them in the act :)

Again, I had to go to class. yuck.
(I had to meet with my group)
When I got back there was a surprise
for me on the counter...(see below-left)
So I just knew the day couldn't get
any better. But then I walked into
my room and found deliciousness
on my laptop! There was a plate of
scrumptious bundt cake slices.
It was sooo good! Thanks Kristi!

My roommates told me to be ready
to leave the apartment at 6 o'clock.
We left and when we walked outside
they blindfolded me. Which was really scary!
Especially when you have a guy (Ryan!)
scare you to death!

Anyways, so we got in the car and were off.
To throw me off, of course we drove ALL OVER
Logan...haha, not really but it
was impossible to know where we were going.

We finally stopped after 20 minutes
and I was led out of the car.
When they took off the blindfold we
were at Texas Roadhouse!!
And Darby was standing in front!
It was AWESOME!
Since it opened a few months ago,
I have been saying that I
wanted to go for my birthday.
I was so excited!

After we all came back to the apartment.
Darby had a present for me!
She got me a shirt and yummy candy.
I love it!
Then, all 12 of us watched Step Up.
It was so much fun!!!
When we finally decided to climb into
bed, there was a loud bang outside
that sounded like someone was shooting
a gun. When we looked out
the window, there were some guys
shooting off fireworks. Granted, it was illegal
but it was a great end to a terrific birthday!

Thanks for a MARVELOUS day everyone!
I'll never forget this birthday.


1 comment:

  1. Texas Roadhouse is one of our favorite places! I just introduced Kevin. Usually for girl's night that is where we go. FUN! Looks like you had a great birthday! Sorry I had "Megan Stoor" as the name on your blog on my blog list! I was having a blonde moment!

    ReplyDelete