Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Calling all Substitutes!

...no, I'm not looking for another Mr. Tom ;)

I'm looking for a:
Substitute to take the place of my Substitute Brother!

Job Description:
Must be able to tease, make me laugh, do silly dances, and
be willing to give up the job in approximately 13 months.
Any other 'brotherly' qualities will be a plus ;)

So for the last 11 months, I've had a pretty great
substitute.  And he brought along his adorable wife and kids,
so they basically became my pretend sister-in-law and
niece and nephew.

For the last two years, they've been to our house basically
every Sunday night and become a part of our family.
We were together for almost every birthday
(of both families haha):



We went on many adventures,
 like getting Christmas trees...and getting stuck haha.

cleaning up caved-in garages

anxiously waiting for Miss Emma to come
(this is from Jordan's Birthday haha)


and seeing where Jim works and the big trucks
that Mara and Seth drove.


Emma LOVED not being in a car seat
on that trip, haha.

It was fun to watch Emma grow from an infant to a toddler...

...and see Porter grow from a toddler to a
"big boy," or so he would tell me :)


Did I mention there was rarely a Sunday that we didn't get
together?  Food, naps, and games made for some fun times!

Jordan, Becca, Porter and Emma:
you are, and will be missed
SO MUCH!

But I'm so happy for you and your
new adventure.  How wonderful it was to get to know you,
and I can't wait until we meet again.
Love you guys so much!
As we said our goodbyes, there was a song that kept
coming to me, and I feel that it just fits:

God be with you til we meet again;
By his counsels guide, uphold you;
With his sheep securely fold you.
God be with you till we meet again.

Till we meet, till we meet,
Till we meet at Jesus' feet,
Till we meet, till we meet,
God be with you til we meet again.
(LDS Hymn, no 152)

4 comments:

  1. It has taken me 2 weeks to stop crying and now you pull this one - thanks a bunch Mara Mae!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mara, thank you for such a wonderful tribute to our Rebecca and her marvelous family!! Yep, it made me cry too. . . We are SOOO thankful they had the love and friendship of your very special family. You will never be forgotten. Gma. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really nice, Mara. Thanks. Love you.

    ReplyDelete