Friday, February 3, 2012

That Sinking Feeling

You know that feeling...the one right in the pit of your stomach.  It comes when you see/hear something that you never want to hear or see.  So yesterday had been a pretty great day.  I was feeling better (just getting over a nasty head cold), had all my homework done for this week, got through my physics test without too many tears, and when I walked out from that test, it was snowing that beautiful flurry-like snow that you want on Christmas.  Pretty good day I'd have to say.  Well being sick, I ran out of my cold medicine, so I headed to the grocery store.  I finished shopping and when I walked outside, this is what I saw by my car:


(Insert sinking feeling here) My exact thoughts were "Those lights are near my car...oh please no..not my car.  Please don't be my car."  It was the longest walk to my car that I've ever had after leaving the grocery store...and that includes one time where I almost cut all circulation off from my hand because I didn't want to bring the cart all the way out to where I parked.  All the way there I was blinded by the lights because it was dark outside.  I kept thinking how the police were just waiting for the poor victim to walk out from the grocery store to find their car totaled.  Trying to think on the positive side, I thought "Maybe they just find my car suspicious..." Oh boy, won't this be a fun story.  "No, I'm not a drug dealer or a molester even though this van fits that stereotypical description."


via

Thank goodness when I finally got to my car, the cops weren't there to question me or share with me the dreaded news of an accident.  They had pulled over a vehicle in front of mine and it looked like a drug bust to me.  I opened my door and loaded my groceries, an then glanced over at the cops.  One gave me that 'suspicious grin look', as if to jokingly say "Good thing we are busy, or we might have questions for you."  I just waved back and drove back to my apartment.  There's no way I could be a cop, because there are too many stereotypes and I would questions everyone who fit the description haha.  Good thing the cops don't do that to me, or I would be pulled over every time I drove!

1 comment:

  1. amazing that there is a blog from Mara Mae. Hey that is a family van and the cop was probably saying to himself, "that is quite the young lady to be driving that big of a car, hmmm I wonder if she has the kids to fill it? Or probably was saying, oh that poor girl "is that the only vehicle that her folks could afford to send her to college in? I'll bet that is what he was thinking

    ReplyDelete