Monday, January 10, 2011

Sending Lots of Love and Prayers

My thoughts and prayers are with the Simon's family as Dale waits for a donor.  It is very difficult to wait for such a thing.  I remember when my uncle had to wait.  It will also be very difficult for the donor's family, and I pray for them as well.  Back in high school for my health class I became an advocate for organ donation.  (handed out flyers at a basketball game, and hopefully informed a lot of people)  It struck me when I was getting my first driver's license.  The lady asked me if I wanted to be listed as an organ donor.  I thought about it and said "Of course!"  Now, in saying so, of course I am not hoping to die in the near future, but when I die my organs can be used to save another's life.  How awesome would that be!?  There was a girl in our community that passed away and was able to save many lives and even give a person sight through the donation of her eyes.  So if you aren't an organ donor, think about becoming one.  You may have a good reason for not, and that is ok but how I see it:  I'm not going to need these organs when I pass on...why not give the "gift of life" to others? 
 
Prayin for ya Dale, hang in there.



I'm also sending lots of love and prayers to the McCullough family and Jackie.  
Don-Michael McCullough
After a long and courageous battle with cancer, Don-Michael passed away on January 4, 2011.  He will be greatly missed.  In the obituary it reads: "During his 23 years on earth, Don-Michael left a lasting impression on all those who were blessed to know him.  He will live in the hearts and memories of his family, friends, and community, but he will rest in the arms of his Savior forever."  I hope that all can find comfort through this difficult time.  It just reminds me how precious this time on earth is, and lets me rely on my testimony of the Plan of Salvation.  I know that once we leave this life, that things are not over.  It is not the end.  Death is just a step in this progression of life.  

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" - John 3:16

"For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive" - 1 Corinthians 15:22

No comments:

Post a Comment