Thursday, January 6, 2011

Dun-Dun-Dun!

They're gone! Finally!!!  I got my wisdom teeth out Tuesday.  I have been dreading and putting it off for a super long time.  The worst part about the whole ordeal was when he numbed my cheeks and the roof of my mouth.  Otherwise I didn't feel a thing!  Until I was no longer numb....then it was a different story.  I was done in about an hour, but  many a thing happened in that hour! haha, so here comes the story! (crazy how everything in my life can become a "story")

When I first got there, they put the happy gas on me.  I told them how everytime I have it, they always need to turn it up.  So, she was sure to just turn it up from the beginning.  Guess I shouldn't have told them that, because pretty quick I could feel my fingers all tingly.  That sensation was normal, but when I started to get really light-headed I knew that it needed to be turned down.  I looked over toward her and waved my hand.  But she didn't respond.  I looked toward the dentist and he didn't react either.  I knew something was definitely wrong.  It was then that I realized my eyes were closed!  I opened them, and raised my hand toward the dentist and still nothing happened.  I watched my hand raise, and with a very delayed reaction I heard the dentist say my name in a very echoey voice.  It was very dream-like.  He asked if I was ok, and that is when things started to "spin"...but then it wasnt really spinning.

Heres the best way I can explain it: Spin yourself around and around until you are really dizzy.  Then stop, and try to focus on one thing.  You know how you can kinda focus on that thing, but it seems to keep moving to one side?...kinda like it is spinning, but can't?? Well that is exactly what was happening around me! The dentist was "spinning" and kinda fading away.  The thought came to me "You are gonna pass out..." Well, I sure wasn't going to let that happen!  It was almost like I "took control" of myself, and made myself figure out why I was about to pass out.  It struck me instantly, and I thought "Duh! Take off the gas!"  I sat up and did just that, and after a few breaths the dentist quit spinning and things were no longer "echoey".  All I can say is that when it comes to fainting: the movies...yah, theyve got it down pretty good haha.

Thus, the epic story of getting my wisdom teeth out.  The only things that have happened since are pain, drugs, lots of yogurt, soup and other mushy foods.  Last night I did get to go to Seth's basketball game.  It was fun, but the pain from cheering so loud is worse than I thought it would be.  I'm paying for it today, but oh well!  Life goes on, and you just gotta deal with the pain!  At least it's bearable pain.  
Here's some shots from last night: 





His defense was amAzing!
Only 2 fouls, and he kept em shut down. 



 You really can't tell from the score what the game was like.
We almost mercy ruled them, but then they came back.
Good thing there wasn't more time on the clock or Soda
might've been in trouble there at the end.
Next game is Saturday against Bear Lake at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment