Sunday, June 10, 2012

College Girl to Fencer

From full time college girl to full time fencer!
And no, not the kinds with the sword-like 'sticks' and masks,
I mean the kind with a hammer and wire ;)
Simplot didn't hire this year, so I've been fencing and helping
the neighbors with any job I can get.
I've learned a ton in just a few weeks.

Important Lesson #1: do NOT let your fingers get anywhere
near where you cut the wire with your plammers.
It hurts, and takes forever to heal.  But it gave Seth a chuckle
when I told him about it on Mother's Day.

Lesson #2: Sometimes you have to find your way around
or through the snow drifts.

This time we took the option of going around and here's Dad haha :)

and Lesson #3: I would much rather put up drift fences than
build and/or fix fences.

After being stuck in a city and classrooms for 8 months,
I have truly loved working outside all day. (minus the mosquitoes)

You can see Beaver Tail Point on the left, and the
 straight away after West Side Road on the right.

Seeing the wildlife is a great treat as well.
This is the first blue bird I saw this year.

I haven't taken my camera with me since the first day.
But I've seen a ton of elk, deer, baby geese, cranes, and one day
Dad and I saw a brand new baby moose with its momma.
It's been awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment