Monday, October 25, 2010

Content With What We Are

"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car,
wearing beautifully,tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed,
and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails.
I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels
from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a
smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making
sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there
with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed
someone's garden. I want to be there with children's
sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend
on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know
I was really here and that I really lived."
- Marjorie Pay Hinckley


"We women have a lot to learn about simplifying our lives.
We have to decide what is important and
then move along at a pace that is comfortable for us.
We have to develop the maturity to stop trying to prove something.
We have to learn to be content with what we are." - Marjorie Pay Hinckley

No comments:

Post a Comment