Monday, April 11, 2011

Sunrise

"I've heard there are troubles or more than one kind.  Some come from ahead and some come from behind.  But I've bought a big bat.  I'm all ready you see.  Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" - Dr. Suess  I just really liked this quote when I read it, so I thought I'd share.  Today was just wonderful!  We went to a fireside tonight and it was really good.  The first speaker brought up the idea of getting up to watch the sunrise on Easter morning.  I think I'm going to have to take her up on that.


I've been dreading the fact that school is almost over again, and that I have to go and drive truck.  I hate shift work!  But then, I also get to see some truly spectacular views when the sun rises and sets.There was one day at work where it was really foggy.  We were working right up on top of the mountain, and when the sun came up over the fog...I thought to myself: "I wouldn't be surprised if this is what the entrance to heaven looks like".  It was so beautiful!  The clouds/fog were all pink with hints of purple and blue, and you could see tons of pine trees sticking up through the mist.  Truly a spiritual experience right there.  At least things like that make it a little more enjoyable.  

No comments:

Post a Comment