Tuesday, February 6, 2018

The Last 10 Months: Part 1

December 17, 2017
My life has been consumed with learning how to be a teacher the past few years.  I've devoted most of my waking hours to something "school-related" and I can only hope that it has been to the benefit of my students.  Now that I finally feel like I have a routine or "groove" that I'm in, I've found some downtime and would like to start keeping this blog again.  I'm sure just because I've written this, that life will become completely crazy again and no time will be found to write.  But I'm going to do my best, as I'd love to turn this into a book that I can flip through when I'm older and look back at all the adventures.

The last ten months have been a whirlwind.  So many things have changed in my life, but for the good.

So let's rewind:

MAY

Megan was coming home from her mission and my entire family was super excited!  I knew Shelby wasn't going on a mission, so I was anxious for her to finally come home because she'd be the last of my immediate family leaving us for an extended period of time.  Now I know that it's possible that my siblings could move to the other side of the world if they want to, but they'd only be a phone call away ;)


Megan came home and we were all so excited!  I didn't know it, but Seth had taken a cute girl out on a date just a few weeks before.  When we came home to see Megan talk in church, Mom warned me that Seth was bringing a girl.  SAY WHAT!?!?!? I was surprised, as I didn't even know he was dating someone and here he was bringing a girl home.  At church, at least three different people asked me who the girl was with Seth and I honestly had to tell them that I didn't know anything except her name hahahaha.

(Trip to Chicago, August 2017)

When we got home from church, Seth and I ended up with a minute together and I told him "Look, you've gotta DTR with this girl, cause I didn't know what to say to everyone hahaha".  With a grin he responded "Well, we did that on the way home from church so..."  I knew right then that he was happy, he couldn't help but show it.  Even though we'd just met her, we spent the afternoon with Michelle.  It was crazy how easily she seemed to "fit" into the family.  Knowing she could be my last sister, I felt great that he had found her. 

JUNE

I met someone (plus two little someones), and my life will never be the same.  I'd write about that here, but that has to be another post ;)

I'll explain more in that post, but I started to date.  I went out with four different guys, and talked to multiple others online.  It's crazy how technology can help you to get to know others. It was all a different experience, as I had not really dated in a couple years.

They were were awkard = His friend's family was there bowling, and they watched us the entire time.  Plus, bowling is hard if you are the only ones...because you don't get to talk.  You just take turns bowling haha.

They were hard = The guy and girl should both talk...not just one. (I felt like I was an interviewer)

They were just sad = He spilled salsa all over my shoes after wanting to give me a hug.



In fact, only two of those "first" dates was comfortable. Which I'll explain a certain one later ;)

I went out with one guy multiple times.  Let's call him J.  He was great, but something was missing.  Knowing that not everyone is perfect, I decided to look past that "missing" part.  After dating for about three weeks, J went to Seattle on a week-long business trip.  We texted while he was gone, but I was excited to see him after being gone for a week.  When the end of his trip was nearing, I asked if he wanted to do something when he got home.  J's response was something along the lines of: he would see how he felt and maybe we could do something that weekend.  I found out that he didn't have to work until the following Monday and wanted to play video games (ya, red flag but I was trying to look past him wanting to play games instead of spending time with me).

But in the mean time, a cute guy (Spoiler! It was Riley...I couldn't hold that back any longer ;) sent me a message.  After talking a bit, he asked if I'd like to go on a date that Friday.  After thinking about it for a bit, I agreed. I hadn't made any sort of commitment to J, so it wasn't like I was cheating or anything.  Plus, what would it hurt to make another friend? I decided that I might as well go out and have a fun night with him, since all J wanted to do was play video games.  As it turns out, I had a really fun time that night.

The next day, I went to J's house and he made lunch.  The whole time I kept wishing I wasn't there and was with Riley instead.  When J asked to do something again, I politely told him that I just didn't think we wanted the same thing. (i.e. video games and beer just aren't my thing)  To which he responded "Whatever then", got in his car and left me standing there in front of my car.  I never heard from him again, but that was just fine because I'd seen his true colors and he wasn't really interested in me either.

On my way home from J's, Riley sent me a text and asked me if I wanted to go on a ride in the mountains.  About ten minutes after I got home from J's, Riley picked me up.

SEPTEMBER

A bunch happened in July and August, (like awesome trips to Arizona and Chicago) but fast forward to September and Michelle officially became a part of our forever family.  I couldn't be more happy for Seth.  That afternoon, I met another soon to be in-law at their luncheon.  I didn't know Megan was seriously dating someone until her boyfriend showed up to the lunch.  I'm sure it wasn't the warmest greeting from me, just because I didn't know he even existed haha and it caught me off guard.  But the way Megan was introducing him to everyone, I knew that something could be in the works there as well.


TBC...

No comments:

Post a Comment