Friday, November 14, 2014

Part of My Heart

"It's empowering to think that the ability to love bigger than planets is right inside your own chest."


Who knew that I would come to care so much for 50+
ten/eleven year-olds this year?
Though they usually  ;) sometimes drive me to the point of being crazy, I'm thankful that I get to teach such wonderful kiddos! I learn SO much from them every day. They truly are the world's greatest resource and I'm grateful for the opportunity to teach them.

As their teacher, I have made some personal goals this year.  I want to be able to admit and quickly correct my mistakes, because I know that I have a lot to learn myself about teaching.  I want be a self-starter and not rely on others to pull me along.  I want my students to see me as a person that cares not only for their education, but for them as an individual as well. I want to be a good listener with an open mind. I know that I will continue to grow and learn with them this year. I hope to help facilitate their successes and also celebrate with them.  

I have this saying on a plaque on my desk, and I believe that my job is truly one of the most rewarding 'jobs' on the planet! (Having this daily reminder helps make the stress of lesson planning a little less stressful!)

This quote is true--- I didn't go into teaching for the money.  I enjoy teaching students and helping them be successful.
.


No comments:

Post a Comment