Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Saturday Afternoon

After the cheese factory, we drove to Cape Meares.
It was just a few miles north from where we stayed.

Dad went to check out the Air Museum,
and so it was just us girls checking out the Cape and lighthouse.

Here's a view of the lighthouse.
It was just a little one, but still really neat.

This was the view from the lighthouse.
Those rocks are the same ones
we could see from the Netarts Beach.

Even though I was there...I still had a hard time grasping
the concept that the ocean basically goes on forever.
The last place I would want to be is out in the middle where
I can't see anything...that's why I don't like the plains or
open ocean.  I'll forever be in the mountains!!!

There was also the Octopus Tree near the Cape.
It was huge, and had so many bases that you really
can't tell where it started.

No comments:

Post a Comment